RE: Back to my garden....

Right now I am feeling kind of down about being on this tour- my yard is
a disaster and this train is still not even close to running. We had a
heated argument about the stream today. I like the natural look, highs
lows, curved. He dug this - lets snap a line for 20ft and dig it too
deep, throw a liner in it and turn on the pump... E-Gads! Took one look
and offered to re-do it. Guess that is my project for tomorrow. So I
think if this train is not up and running in two weeks, I am canceling
for fear DH will not get it done with enough time to get the plants
established.

Thanks Pam... if we are on the tour, I would appreciate some.

Andrea- thanks for the list.. I have most of them, but some I never
heard of so will have to research them!  Other than a few containers, I
don't do much with annuals, so I guess this is a learning experience for
me too...(I consider anything that doesn't over-winter outdoors an
annual, so yes Kitty- I know the real difference, but choose to classify
it my way. LOL!) I am also jealous that your wisteria is blooming! Mine
is still alive, but really thought it would have been huge by now- and
blooming. Thinking it is it's third year- maybe second.

Ceres- Great idea for some backdrop color- guess I am heading back to
the nursery! Are any of those phlox's scented? And you are already
helping with a wonderful list of things I can get this year.

Never heard of 'chuckles'. I almost bought a blushing(?)knockout the
last time I was at the nursery. Somehow it didn't strike me as anything
special. It only had one bloom on it, somewhat faded or maybe it was
that color. Everyone gives this rose such high raves, guessing I need to
find it elsewhere and see if it strikes me. I already have the other two
and love them both!

I have an interesting (for me) datura this year. It is the double purple
something variety. It is quite stunning. So, thinking it will not be
true from seed (yes/no?) so how would I propagate it? Cuttings? How big
of a stem do I need, when do I do it, root in water/sand/soil/ Yipes, I
don't have a clue! But it had it's first bloom two days ago and many
buds about to pop!

Donna