Re: today now weeding or lack of....

> From: Donna <justme@prairieinet.net>
> LOL! The back of my yard is a swamp lately :)
>
> Seriously, I did plant in my bog area thinking it would work there.
> Maybe that is just too wet during the winter months for it. They
grow
> great during the season, just can't over winter them.
----------

Well, Donna, mine (except the ones that put themselves up by the
deck) are in my "damp" garden, which is very soggy in winter.  They
do not appreciate leaves and plant debris on their overwintering
foliage rosettes; tends to rot them out - wonder if that's what
happened to yours?  O'course, you are also much farther north than I
am, which may make some difference tho' I have read posts saying they
grow into USDA z 3 and are found in mid-northern Ontario growing
naturally; will grow underwater for a time - seasonal flooding and
last an amazingly long time as an aquarium plant (so said Doug Green
in a post once.)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade