Re: Birthday Greetings!

Well, I'm back at work now after 4 days off for my b-day! Kids decided
to throw me a party (after I specifically remember telling them not to!
the little boogers...) and lots of friends showed up. Had a nice time in
spite of the fact that I really don't like parties at all. My very
generous friends all know how much I love gardening so several of them
brought new plants, including a new species rose, a clematis, and a
hardy hibiscus. Another friend got me a lovely tempered glass "welcome
to my garden" sign. And two of them went together and purchased me a
gift certificate for a 60 minute massage at one of our local spas. Ooh!
Can't wait to use that, but I think I'll wait until closer to the end of
the gardening season when my back will really need it. And then another
friend got me a gift certificate to my favorite consignment store. I
really am very blessed. My oldest daughter, the one who wants to be a
chef, made me this lovely 4 tier birthday cake that was very, very
pretty and quite yummy to eat! All of the kids spent my birthday on
Saturday helping me to weed a good portion of the garden...that was my
present from them, along with the party they organized. They got hold of
my palm pilot organizer and called all my friends themselves to arrange
this...again, I'm really very blessed. And my DH...well, that's kind of
personal...<grin>...All in all, a very good weekend. Thanks again to all
of you for the wonderful birthday wishes...

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein