From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 8:30 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Was Bounce, Now Voles, This Summer's Delights

Good luck with the voles-- I think they finally left here, but who
knows. Between the snake and a stray cat that has been hanging around, I
think their days were numbered...I can hope anyways..

Not familiar with Angelica gigas... do you know if it would survive in
zone 5? Did a quick google search and looked interesting, but the ones I
clicked on didn't give a zone rating.

Your Phemeranthus calycinum - Flame flower says you can only plant it
here in the spring- found that interesting... does it take a while to
establish a good root system?

Donna

> Hmmmm, wonder if it would work on voles?  My war with them continues -

> we finally dug up and put about 35 hostas in bottomless black plastic
> pots and replanted those in an effort to deter the pests.  But then
they
> managed to devastate overnight a whole bed of bletillas.  I think we
may
> have saved three or four plants.  We've been at our present location
> seven years and have never seen vole damage on this scale.  Our
> gardening neighbors several acres away are seeing the same thing.
It's
> so disheartening.
>
> On a better note - the Angelica gigas I planted last year is blooming
> for the first time and it's wonderful.  I didn't expect it to bloom so

> freely and so am very pleased with its' performance.
>
> Another new plant that has delighted me all summer long is
Phemeranthus
> calycinum - Flame flower.  Pam - I know you're a fan of High Country
> Gardens - you might like this if you're not already growing it.
Dainty
> little plant that packs a lot of punch.
>
> Lynda
> Zone 7 - West Tn

Bounce
> will
> collect sawdust like a tack  cloth.
>
> Eliminate odors in dirty laundry.  Place an individual sheet of
Bounce

http://www.hort.net/funds/