Re: Kitty's bug 02

Kitty wrote:
Marge and Jim,
Chris in NY sent this photo, shown below. She said the bug came in on one of her daylilies.
The photo Marge sent earlier at:
is similar but was very green and I assumed that had to do with lighting. However, when I mentioned leaf/plant-hopper to our Hort Ed, he said they are green - which my bug is not. Perhaps this is a life-cycle circumstance? Anyway, Jim - is this what you saw? - or is it more like the photo Marge found?
Sorry for the delay here, I've been offline for nearly a week and have
spent much time reading the new stuff (800+ new messages).
And as my new Earthlink ISP appears to drop outgoing mail destined for
port 25 (SMTP) I had to find a way around that as well. Plus the fact that
my email program froze for several weeks when trying to send mail. Grumble.
Trying to play catchup now...

If I recall correctly, my bug had a greenish cast, though perhaps not so vivid
as the one in Marge's URL, and closer to the lower left photo (much smaller
wings). And I haven't seen but the one I originally mailed about. Don't expect
to either; I've seen very few in my years in these parts.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7