To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] salvia companions

Barb, in my window box under my kitchen window on the deck I have anchored
the ends with Sutera cordata 'Snowstorm (Bacopa) & Iboza both which will be
dangling 3' by late summer. Ctr back is Salvia greggii 'Raspberry Royal' bordered
on each side by 'Purple Dream' Ivy Geranium (the same color bloom as the
salvia). In ft of the salvia is Angelonia angustifolia 'Carita Cascade Deep Pink'
bordered by the annual pink babys breath 'Gyspy'.
In the corner of the deck I have a large heavy metal hanging basket
containing the same Salvia, same geranium, Coleus 'Needlepoint' & (2) med pink
cascading pink verbenas.
A lg cement planter (painted flat black & dry brushed with a dk blue)
adorns my ft limestone walk planted with the new blue unknown salvia (lt than
Black/Blue), Anagallis 'Wildcat Blue', Sanvilalia speciosa 'Sunbini', Coleus
'Lemon Lime', a yellow blooming El Dorado Turnera (a new Armitage selection),
Hymenocallis 'Sulphur Queen' and a yellow Gazania.
On the brick sidewalk leading to the back gardens another lg cement
planter (identical to the above) contains the purple Salvia spendons 'Paul',
Alpinia zerumbet 'Variegated Ginger', a lime/purple Coleus, a new cascading purple
pholox (the rabbits love) & purple Lisianthus.
A Black & Blue is planted in the garden next to 'Forever Summer' blue
Hydrangea.
Another container holds Salvia splendons 'Caribbean Coral', Kalanchoe sp.
(Jurassic Kale) & purple bacopa.
Love those salvias!
Ceres