From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 9:16 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] salvia companions

Barb, in my window box under my kitchen window on the deck I have
the ends with Sutera cordata 'Snowstorm (Bacopa) & Iboza both which will
dangling 3' by late summer.  Ctr back is Salvia greggii 'Raspberry
Royal' bordered
on each side by 'Purple Dream' Ivy Geranium (the same color bloom as the

salvia).  In ft of the salvia is Angelonia angustifolia 'Carita Cascade
Deep Pink'
bordered by the annual pink babys breath 'Gyspy'.
    In the corner of the deck I have a large heavy metal hanging basket
containing the same Salvia, same geranium, Coleus 'Needlepoint' & (2)
med pink
cascading pink verbenas.
    A lg cement planter (painted flat black & dry brushed with a dk
adorns my ft limestone walk planted with the new blue unknown salvia (lt
Black/Blue), Anagallis 'Wildcat Blue', Sanvilalia speciosa 'Sunbini',
'Lemon Lime', a yellow blooming El Dorado Turnera (a new Armitage
Hymenocallis 'Sulphur Queen' and  a yellow Gazania.
    On the brick sidewalk leading to the back gardens another lg cement
planter (identical to the above) contains the purple Salvia spendons
Alpinia zerumbet 'Variegated Ginger', a lime/purple Coleus, a new
cascading purple
pholox (the rabbits love) & purple Lisianthus.
    A Black & Blue is planted in the garden next to 'Forever Summer'
    Another container holds Salvia splendons 'Caribbean Coral',
Kalanchoe sp.
(Jurassic Kale) & purple bacopa.
    Love those salvias!