Re: sHORTurl

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: [CHAT] Re: sHORTurl
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" lindsey@mallorn.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:47:01 -0500

> What do we do? Put http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl in our links or favorites to
> access it or will we be able to sign up for it and keep it on a taskbar for
> easy access?

Hi Kitty,

   I added a link to sHORTurl now that you can drag into your taskbar.  If
   you click on it you will get a sHORTurl for whatever page you're viewing
   at the time.

   Unfortunately, it doesn't work in new versions of IE yet.  :(

   I have another problem I'm trying to solve with sHORTurl -- lots of
   porn addresses are being put into it.  Like hundreds of thousands.  I
   don't mind spreading the hort.net word, but I don't want people
   associating it with pornography!

   Does anyone have a problem with me restricting URLs to non-adult
   sites?   Feel free to reply to me off-list if so; I'll keep your
   reply confidential.

Chris

http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl/                        Shorten your URLs!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3713 online plant photos and growing!