To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:59 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Digitalis ambigua

Does anyone else grow Digitalis ambigua, the perennial foxglove?
It is one of my favorites for several reasons.  It grows in almost
full shade, as well as sun, the deer don't touch it, and I love the
way it lights up my shaded borders with its twisty candles.  It
has been blooming for several weeks now, and I will soon have
to start deadheading it.  I always leave a few to go to seed,
even though it seems to be a persistent perennial.  If anyone
else is interested I will leave a few more and collect seed.
I do see it in a few catalogs, but it doesn't seem to be common.
Auralie