RE: Happy Birthday Time!

To Zem, Pam, Donna, Kitty, Andrea, Judy, Eva and all, thanks so very much
for remembering!  It was the icing on my cake!  Yesterday the office
decorated my cube while I was at lunch.  They always string a banner or
something across the front of  cubes around there so that the owner has to
do all sorts of contortions or break the banner to get to his/her desk, but
that didn't work on me.  I'm short enough I just walked right under! LOL!!!

Today started out with all of our smoke alarms going off with NO fire,
smoke, or anything else we could find.  They shut down as quickly as they
came on.  When I stumbled through the kitchen I saw that Bill had gotten me
a lovely bouquet of red long-stemmed roses!  Since I was already awake and
alert, I started the morning by putting in a few plants that I hadn't had
time to put where they were intended to go.  I also did some much needed
dead-heading and weed pulling.  I put together a small bouquet for neighbor
Jo.  She fell this last winter and is having hip trouble.

Then it was time to get mother cleaned, dressed and medicated so we could
all go meet our daughters, grandboy and their significant others for a
birthday brunch.  Between the two girls, they gave me a fair amount of
"garden" money.   Here's the funny part:  In the morning Bill had given me a
Zelda (read bulldog) card with Zelda stopped in front of a 55 mph speed
sign.  On the inside it read "Don't let another birthday slow you down."
Since I'm 55 today, it was perfect.  When I got to the brunch, grandboy
Brenden gave me the very same card!!!  Daughter Rayna said she almost got me
the same card, but didn't want to dwell on my age, so she got me a different
Zelda card.  It was just too funny!

After we got back home, mother went to take a nap (usually good for at least
2-3 hours) so Bill & I went to Lowes for parts to repair the kitchen
overhead light.  Who knew they had 1 gallon pots of perennials for $10?  So
I got two Tirella 'Pink Pearl' and a 'Red Rocks' beardtongue.  I also got a
water iris.  It's too dark to go out and read the tag right now.  We even
managed to stop for a quick dinner (just Bill and me) before we went home.
The rest of the day has been pretty relaxed.   Oh, yeah, and for a change,
the weather was absolutely wonderful!  Maybe since we got July's weather in
June, we'll work on June's weather in July?  (I wouldn't complain!)

Tomorrow we get the grandboy at noon and Monday Mother, Brenden and I will
ride the church float in Centerville's Americana parade.  (It is the first
time mother has ridden a float.  I worry how we'll get her up into it and
how we'll keep her from falling out of it, too!)  The night of the 4th, we
all pull up chairs and benches on our driveway and watch the silent
fireworks that are going off over in the high school parking lot in one
direction and in a neighborhood park in the other direction.  Usually
neighbors & the children stop in to watch.  Our driveway is one of the best
from which to watch.  I sure hope everyone has a GRAND 4TH OF JULY!!!!!  We
are all so blessed to live in a country that allows us all to have our own
individual beliefs.

BTW, does anyone remember the milk to water ratio to ward off black-spot?
The heat combined with the humidity has done a real number on one of my new
roses.

Blessings,
Bonnie