Re: creamed corn

Andrea, that sounds just about the way I make it - always have.
I guess it's a southern thing, since I grew up in the Florida
panhandle.  It's almost as good made with butter if you don't
have bacon, which we don't any more - because we would
eat it, too, if we did.  We don't use much butter, either, but
usually have some on hand - isn't as much temptation to eat
as bacon would be.  Good olive oil might do, but of course
bacon is best.  We'll have to wait another two or three weeks
around here before we have good local corn - I can hardly
wait.
Auralie

In a message dated 07/03/2005 12:37:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,