RE: July 4

The only good thing about your established shrubs is they will come back! I
realize they will look like $%^& this year if you don't water, but like any
native, next spring they will bounce right back... well if this drought
doesn't continue till then.

I have been watching for deer for the last week. They don't come here in the
summer (live in the middle of the block and too many kids around), but they
do in the winter when everything is frozen for a long time to drink out of
the pond... figuring they are going to get thirsty soon, as many of the
natural water holes are dried up around here.

Will be interesting to see if there is a big influx at your pond now.