Happy 4th of July

Beautiful weather here yesterday and today - couldn't ask for a
prettier 4th - overnight temperatures in the 50s and highs in the
70s - lots of sunshine.  That sounds like an ideal holiday weekend
but I would really be happier if it rained.  We're terribly dry.  There
was a brief but violent rainstorm one day last week - lasted about
fifteen minutes.  Every little bit helps, but it was not enough.  Other
parts of the county had much more - parkways were flooded, etc.
but not here.  We are just in a dry pocket for some reason.
Sometimes I will be talking on the phone to a friend only a few
miles away who will tell me about heavy rains, and we will have
nothing.

Anyway, here's wishing all of you a lovely holiday and good
gardening.
Auralie