From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of A A HODGES
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:38 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Spider

You've never seen one of those Jim? My mother always called them
"writing spiders" due to the squiggles in the web. One of those old
wives tales, if you smiled at it would write your name. I think
Charlotte was a writing spider.

They are fabulous insect catchers and get quite big if left alone as we
always did. Lucky you!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC