Beach & bench

Went to the beach this morning to harvest a sackful of shells for the joints in the garden bench pad. I got there about sunrise. It was very pleasant, cool with a slight breeze. Lots of plants blooming there--beach morning glories [aka railroad vines], sea oats, dune sunflowers. On the way home, I stopped to admire a small swamp full of cannas in bloom. I've never seen them bloom as much as they are this year. Must be all the rain and heat we've had. By the time I got home, it was hot--88 degrees.

I put the bench together in the shade, but still sweat copiously.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10