Re: Spider

Jim, just now looking through a stack of old magazines for
pictures for an educational exhibit on native plants I
happened on an article about garden spiders which
featured a picture of yours.  It is an orange garden spider,
(Argiope aurantia).  Serendipity?
 The piece is in the May/June 2000 issue of The
American Gardener.  If you're not the sort of pack-rat
I am, you might find it at the library - if you're that interested.