Re: Maddy's > plant types

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Maddy's > plant types
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 17:01:10 -0600

Ceres, the only book I have with me is Botanica which isn't as concise as a
lot of other references.  But it says the genus includes "small trees".
Where they draw the line between shrubs and small trees I am not sure.  One
listing is H. arnottianus, " of variable size up to 20 ft".  Ah, here's one:
H. tiliaceus, height and spread to 30 feet.  O f course, too, Botanica is
not an exhaustive listing, so I assume there are others.