To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:52 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Are Nicotiana insecticidal ?

Here is one hearsay testimonial from another list:

"The Japanese beetles are rapidly increasing in my yard but I
noticed that they seem quite attracted to the flowers of a flowering
tobacco in the yard.  On each blossom this morning, there was a beetle
that seemed comatose, had lost its lustrous copper coloring and
had turned brown.  This seems like a great trap/insectidal plant
for these pests.  Next year, I plan to put flowering tobacco next to
all of the susceptible plants that I love."

Trissa Elkins

Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W