Re: Busy day

Wish we could, too, Cathy, but unfortunately it's a package deal.

On Jul 8, 2005, at 5:51 PM, Cathy Carpenter wrote:

Good luck, Jim. Sure wish we could get some of that rain ... without
the high winds!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Jul 8, 2005, at 3:20 PM, james singer wrote:

Busy day today. Satellite TV guy came this morning and installed a
new dish and receiver, only to discover the service's computers
were down so we couldn't activate it for 3 or 4 hours. Went to the
store to get those hurricane essentials--mostly batteries and
bread--then spent an age on the phone trying to get to a real
person at former satellite service that I was canceling, and what
did they want me to do with their dish and receiver? New satellite
service called, said computers were up, so we activated ours. Then
filled four half-gallon jugs with drinking water; will probably
fill a couple more tomorrow morning. Dennis will be closest to us
about noon tomorrow. Finally, made a fresh peach and mango cobbler;
comfort food.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W