Re: Busy day

Grasias, amigas y amigos. So far, it looks like we'll be okay but the folks who got hammered by Ivan last year will get hammered again. What's worrisome to me about all this is it's very early in the season for major storms like this. Usually, category four cyclones don't occur until late August or September.

And I sure don't want the wind to blow those gourds out of that tree until they are dry and hard.

On Jul 8, 2005, at 7:59 PM, A A HODGES wrote:

Batten down the hatches Jim. I hope you and Ms. Fatma (and all the other
Floridians) will be OK. I think all we're supposed to get is more rain,
thank goodness. I'm hoping to get the lawn mowed early tomorrow morning
before it comes. If you need any supplies shipped to you after this give me
a holler!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

[Original Message]
From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: Garden Chat <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 7/8/2005 4:21:08 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Busy day

Busy day today. Satellite TV guy came this morning and installed a new
dish and receiver, only to discover the service's computers were down
so we couldn't activate it for 3 or 4 hours. Went to the store to get
those hurricane essentials--mostly batteries and bread--then spent an
age on the phone trying to get to a real person at former satellite
service that I was canceling, and what did they want me to do with
their dish and receiver? New satellite service called, said computers
were up, so we activated ours. Then filled four half-gallon jugs with
drinking water; will probably fill a couple more tomorrow morning.
Dennis will be closest to us about noon tomorrow. Finally, made a fresh
peach and mango cobbler; comfort food.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W