Re: My garden

> Looks great to me, Chris.   The eggplant is a super photo; how do you
> grow those without the leaves being laced by flea beetles?

Hi Marge,

   The eggplant is actually in a container along with some other annuals,
   but I haven't had any problems and haven't used any special treatments.

   It's planted, with some light lavender petunias, a Blackie sweet potato,
   some bright pink petunias, yellow marigolds, Vinca vines, and probably
   some other stuff that I'm not remembering right now.

> What is the line of red items on the right in
> http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/yard/deckfar1.jpg ?

   Like Donna guessed, they're marking flags over Impatiens to keep Romeo
   from trampling them.

> I know that deck was a whale of a lot of work, but I bet you're
> really pleased that you did it.  It looks like such a great place to
> sit and relax!  I like the idea of a patio; that would be super and
> you wouldn't have to mow it:-)

   My goal is no grass, I think.  ;)

> Is the upside down chair protecting the flowers from the pup in the
> pots photo?

   I think it's just tilted against the table; I do that when they're not
   in use so that the cushions don't become saturated with water.