Re: Maddy's > plant types

Hi Kitty!
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the photos! I have had several irises  and
daylilies too, that have had an occasional 4 petaled bloom. I guess it's not  that
uncommon. In a way it looks a bid odd, as odd numbers seem more pleasing to  the
eye. I know daylily breeders are trying to breed daylilies to bloom  with 5
petals consistently, but I'm not sure they have accomplished that  yet.
As for the white flower- yes, everything you say is true. I need to  find the
time to research it, and see if I can figure it out. I dug it up from  my
garden when I moved here 5 years ago, where it was hidden and almost  forgotten,
with the label long gone. It doesn't grow very large, or spread much,  but it
is such a delightful little breath of Spring, when it blooms with those  early
Botanical tulips!
I'll post if I figure out what it is!
In a message dated 7/7/2005 12:02:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,