Re: dried up gardens

I hear ya Kitty.  I have done the very same thing.  Once I left the hose on all night LONG.

kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:
> It has been so hot and I have been so busy the last two weeks I haven't
> had time to water or weed much. Gardens are getting away from me.

Same here, but I keep trying. Twice however, made BIG mistake. Left the
water running on the north fence area for something like 8 hours. And
the other evening I set a sprayer on light spray to water at the base of
my Silver Fir and forgot and left it running for about 12 hours. None of
the palnts will be hurt by this as each overwatered area is near a
slope. In addition to all the intentional watering, I'm really worried
about what my water charges will be this month. They also charge a sewer
fee for all water. I think I should invest in good timers. The ones I
had before I didn't trust and got rid of them. But as I get older it is
too easy to get distracted and I can't keep doing this.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5