Re: Gourd

Well...I have around 5-6 books on stuff to make out of gourds...from
bowls to birdhouses. I keep thinking one of these days I'll have time on
my hands (hysterical laughter going on now) and I'll be able to make all
kinds of cool things with them. If you want I can xerox some bowl ideas
and send it to you.

Jess

Ms Fatma already has plans for most of them. Classroom projects. I just
want one to turn into a bowl [and provide seeds for next year].

On Jul 4, 2005, at 7:28 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> WOO HOO...Awesome Jim! What are you going to do with them when they
> harden off? Build birdhouses or something more creative?
>
> Jess
>
> james singer wrote:
> Following Jesse's advice, I let my one gourd vine climb. I don't have
> any real good place to have a controlled climb, so I let it climb a
> tree. Actually, a large shrub. This morning, I was setting some
> concrete pavers under that tree to form a pad for a garden bench. For
> no apparent reason I looked up in the tree, and there, 20 or so feet
> off the ground are six or seven very large bottle gourds and a few
> smaller ones.
>
> When the vine dies and they harden off, I may have to rent a cherry
> picker to get them down, but I am nevertheless quite happy that it did
> what it was supposed to do.
>

> Island Jim
> Southwest Florida
> 27.0 N, 82.4 W