Re: My garden

Well, Chris, best of luck then as my eggplants were always lace -
maybe it's just here and flea beetles aren't such a pest where you
are.

It is amazing what will deter a big dog sometimes.  We have a baby
gate just propped up in the opening between drafting (where Craig's
dogs are) and my office, which is also the entry way to the whole
shebang, and it stops those golden retrievers unless they are in some
mad hysteria...worked the same with the other two he had for many
years.  I mean, they could move it with no problem, but they don't go
past it.

No grass sounds good but sometimes I think grass is less actual work
than many groundcovers...of course, what I mow is probably only 5%
actual grass:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade, Suite101.com
Shadyside Garden Designs

----------
> From: Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com>
>
> Hi Marge,
>
>    Thanks!
>
>    The eggplant is actually in a container along with some other
annuals,
>    but I haven't had any problems and haven't used any special
treatments.

>    It's planted, with some light lavender petunias, a Blackie sweet
potato,
>    some bright pink petunias, yellow marigolds, Vinca vines, and
probably
>    some other stuff that I'm not remembering right now.

> > What is the line of red items on the right in
> > http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/yard/deckfar1.jpg ?
>
>    Like Donna guessed, they're marking flags over Impatiens to keep
Romeo