Re: I'm exhausted

I don't know anyplace that's snake-free except the Old Sod, Andrea, so doubt if running will help. We have the deadly coral snake here, but it's shy--I've only seen one--and water moccasins. Neither of them in abundance. We have lots of black snakes, king snakes, and rat snakes, but not as many as I would like--not enough to keep the squirrel and opossum populations down. We also have Burmese pythons that people have wearied of as pets and set free in the countryside. They are useful for keeping feral pig populations in check, but we need more of them.

On Jul 12, 2005, at 6:50 PM, A A HODGES wrote:

Chris, you are correct. She cannot have antivenom ever again. So, Eva, that
would be the only long-term effect on her system. My Vet tried just one CC
on a dog that had antivenom before (in the case of another snake bite) and
the poor dog went into convulsions immediately. SO, I've got to be really
careful. I'll have to start doing snake patrols. Also, I'm thinking of
moving from Beaufort, even though I know there are poisonous snakes
everywhere. We in the hot humid areas just seem to have an over abundance
of them.

On the hair Chris, Sorry Pal, it's fixed. The alteration of adding golden
blonde to the pink-red worked and now it's back to fiery copper, which is
what I like. ;-)

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

[Original Message]
From: Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 7/12/2005 8:28:15 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I'm exhausted

Thanks Eva. She seems OK this morning although the swelling is still
there.
Here neck area is the worst. It's like the fluid is stuck there. She's
breathing OK though and I just gave her more benadryl so I'm going to
go to
work. I think she should be OK. My Vet is convinced the antivenom saved
her. I'm just glad she's OK.
Andrea,

That's wonderful news! Thank goodness it was a species of snake that
doesn't have particularly powerful venom.

Is there a limit on how often the antivenin can be administered? I've
heard stories about certain antivenins that can only be used once in
a patient's lifetime, but I'm guessing that isn't the case with
copperheads.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that things are looking better. And good deal
on your hair, too! I'm just waiting for you to send a pic to Donna
for us to laugh at. ;)

Chris

Island Jim
Southwest Florida