Re: I'm exhausted

> Chris, you are correct. She cannot have antivenom ever again. So, Eva, that
> would be the only long-term effect on her system. My Vet tried just one CC
> on a dog that had antivenom before (in the case of another snake bite) and
> the poor dog went into convulsions immediately.

Dang.  I was hoping it wasn't the case here, or with dogs, or something.
Antivenin is a tricky thing.  :(  I'm glad that it worked this time around,
though!

> SO, I've got to be really
> careful. I'll have to start doing snake patrols. Also, I'm thinking of
> moving from Beaufort, even though I know there are poisonous snakes
> everywhere. We in the hot humid areas just seem to have an over abundance
> of them.

No snakes here!  Well, at least not poisonous ones.  Of course, I live two
blocks off campus in Urbana-Champaign, so I'm not exactly out in the wild.
:)  I've always been a suburb kid (I think of Urbana-Champaign as a suburb
of Chicago).

But I really don't think we have many out here.  Looking it up I guess
we also have copperheads, water moccasins (near water), and two types of
rattlers.  It looks like all but one of the rattlers are only found in
southern Illinois or along the Mississippi.  The rattler is found in
prairies.

   http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/natbltn/500-599/nb540.htm

> On the hair Chris, Sorry Pal, it's fixed. The alteration of adding golden
> blonde to the pink-red worked and now it's back to fiery copper, which is
> what I like. ;-)

Maybe it's your copper head that's attracting the copperheads!  I don't
know of any maroon native snakes; maybe you should've stuck with it.  ;)

Chris