From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 6:10 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I'm exhausted

I don't know anyplace that's snake-free except the Old Sod, Andrea, so
doubt if running will help. We have the deadly coral snake here, but
it's shy--I've only seen one--and water moccasins. Neither of them in
abundance. We have lots of black snakes, king snakes, and rat snakes,
but not as many as I would like--not enough to keep the squirrel and
opossum populations down. We also have Burmese pythons that people have
wearied of as pets and set free in the countryside. They are useful for
keeping feral pig populations in check, but we need more of them.

On Jul 12, 2005, at 6:50 PM, A A HODGES wrote:

> Chris, you are correct. She cannot have antivenom ever again. So, Eva,
> that
> would be the only long-term effect on her system. My Vet tried just
> one CC
> on a dog that had antivenom before (in the case of another snake bite)

> and
> the poor dog went into convulsions immediately. SO, I've got to be
> really
> careful. I'll have to start doing snake patrols. Also, I'm thinking of
> moving from Beaufort, even though I know there are poisonous snakes
> everywhere. We in the hot humid areas just seem to have an over
> abundance
> of them.
>
> On the hair Chris, Sorry Pal, it's fixed. The alteration of adding
> golden
> blonde to the pink-red worked and now it's back to fiery copper, which

> is
> what I like. ;-)
>
> Andrea H
> Beaufort, SC