Re: Emily

I guess I equate that kind of faith with using the locally common names of plants. It might work just fine in a small area, but when dealing on a universal level one needs to communicate in a 'language' thats common for everyone -- in this instance good science.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Emily

Hi Zem

Well their bad science isn't science it's faith. Faith is an incredibly strong human feeling who's bonds are almost unbreakable regardless of the facts before them. Hard to knock that kind of faith. I wish we had it in government and other institutions again but faith with out questions is blind.

I realize that after I wrote the 40% remark that I had alienated almost half the group. Not trying to do that...I hope ya'll know.

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net