Re: Emily

I agree with you entirely, Auralie. It just seems that everybody in a group does get tarred with the same brush. Guess that's why I try to do everything I can to debunk the Southern redneck stereotype.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Emily

In a message dated 07/13/2005 9:47:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
zsanders@midsouth.rr.com writes:
I realize that after I wrote the 40% remark that I had alienated almost
half the group.  Not trying to do that...I hope ya'll know.
It seems to be hard for some people to believe, but there are
devout Christians who are not ignorant, uneducated yahoos.
Just as there are Muslims who are not Taliban.  Unfortunately
we tend to fixate on the characteristic that offends us most and
stigmatize the entire group.