<sundrops@earthlink.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005
lighening

Here in the Sierra foothills, the local utility hires a private company who spends all their time cutting away branches from power lines. This is not for winter storms so much as the fact that ten years ago a local wild fire was started by a branch coming down on a power line. The fire burned many thousands of acres, including the area where my house now stands. The county sued the utility and won a substantial precedent-setting damage award -- and the utility company apparently got the message.
--Barb, Grass Valley CA