Re: Chris's restaurant

Excellent, excellent advice, Gene.From my experience, Chris,  I would say
your biggest problem (and most constant headache) will be finding and keeping
competent personnel. . Seems I have heard some Champaign people complain that the
help is there when U of I is in session ( and incidentally the customers as
well) but not in the summertime...when you would want them. And then there is
Workmen's Comp...a very large expense in IL.
And I think anyone who tries to start their own business has to be a bit of a
workaholic. If you think you should have a life that includes vacation time I
wouldn't try it. Of course if it is seasonal perhaps it has some built-in
time off. It is such a great idea I should be applauding instead of being
negative! I know Donna, Cathy and I will be there as often as possible...and maybe
Kitty too. Ft. Wayne isn't that far.But it's true that if a business has to
count on my disposable income it's in trouble! I think Donna asked what happened
to Mourning Dove. Do you know the answer to that? It was such a neat nursery
with a lot of innovative marketing ideas.  Kathyz5 central IL