Rudbeckia

In addition to the variegated lemon, we bought a couple of Rudbeckias at Lowes on Friday. I don't know what species they are; neither does the grower, apparently ["Rudbeckia sp."]. Common name is "Black-eyed Susan," but fully one-third of all flowers in the New World northern hemisphere seem to be called black-eyed susan. So who knows. It is dazzling, however. 5-inch diameter dark, deep yellow blooms with a fringe of black around a grey center.

I'm going to plant them out by the new garden bench. Until the trees grow a bit and fill in the canopy, there'll be a lot of sun out there, so they ought to be happy.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10