Re: Rudbeckia

> In addition to the variegated lemon, we bought a couple of Rudbeckias
> at Lowes on Friday. I don't know what species they are; neither does
> the grower, apparently ["Rudbeckia sp."]. Common name is "Black-eyed
> Susan," but fully one-third of all flowers in the New World northern
> hemisphere seem to be called black-eyed susan. So who knows. It is
> dazzling, however. 5-inch diameter dark, deep yellow blooms with a
> fringe of black around a grey center.

Hi Jim,

   Could it be Rudbeckia 'Indian Summer'?

      http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/ast/rudis/

   But like you say, just about everything is a Rudbeckia nowadays.  :)

   I just came back from a nursery visit myself.  Good thing I only went
   to pick up one non-plant product; I came back with a carload of goodies.

   I'm outside finding homes and figuring out what I shouldn't have bought
   right now.

   How are the temperatures by you?  Any better today?  No hail?

Chris