From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:25 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Lilium Haley's Comet

Don't feel bad, Judy.  The weeds are winning here, too.  Speaking of
lilies,
my Tiger lilies, Casablancas and Stargazers are blooming now as are the
Hymenocallis 'Tropical Giant' and Crimnum 'Ellen Basanquat'.  The
Formosa
lilies have divided again, and now there appear to be six of them.  They

are, of course, not blooming yet.  You should see the Clerodendrum
trichotomum.  It's buds will be opening any minute.  I have cut away
about
half of it, but it's still at least 15 feet wide and about 25 feet tall.
Of
course, its suckers are about to take over the world -- or at least the
entire bed where it's planted.
zem
zone 7
West TN