Viburnum odo

I must have been out in the sun too long this morning because this afternoon I got out the chainsaw and attacked some very tall Viburnum odoritissums that are shading out a big section of the back yard. They haven't been pruned in the last 8 years so you can imagine--medium sized trees.

Once they are reduced in influence [it will take a couple more trips with the chainsaw to to really clean up the area], we intend to keep them as a screen and background for new plants.

One of the controlling factors in this undertaking is the trash pick-up service--mostly, it has to be in barrels, and we only have four. So, at a speed of four barrels per week, we'll overhaul the back yard. Could be worse.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10