Re: leaking pond- definitely a crack

Actually-  I'm in Texas right now- where my mom lives.
 Suffice it to say, I don't think it was freeze thaw
here either.  The pond wasn't installed well in the
first place and of course it is just PVC.  The back
edge which got the crack has actually sunk at least an
inch since it was installed 3 years ago- so I'm sure
that created stress and then finally cracked.  I used
the Waterweld stuff Chris recommended.  It is
nontoxic- in fact it is approved to be used for
potable water- so fish and plants should be fine.  I
know that the pond will crack again at some point, but
if this works for now- I'll be happy.  We'll find out
when my mom refills it this evening.  If this doesn't
work- then the idea for throwing a flexible liner
inside the existing pond shell sounds like a great
idea (in fact the woman at the water garden store we
went to this AM suggested the same thing).  Thanks all
for your help.

P.S.  They had the Waterweld at Walmart here- in the
automotive dept.

--- "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>