Afternoon storm

We're having our afternoon thunderstorm. Two days out of three, we have a 3 o'clock thunder storm. And two days out of three, Beans finds me to tell me something about it. I'm never sure what's on her mind. But whatever it is, she's very insistent about it.

I've come to believe that, because I'm the alpha male around here, she wants me to stop the storm. I've tried to explain to her that it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes Nature trumps the Big Ape and we just have to accept the fact that Ma is whimsical and often irrational.

But you know how cats are. Beans looks at me like I've lost it, gets up on the back of the futon, and goes to sleep.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10