Re: Lowes, etc.

I doubt WalMart (or any other shopping center store) has anything to do
with their parking lot landscaping. The developer makes those decisions,
not the WM nursery buyer.

-- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
I think that's pretty much it, Noreen. Here, zone 9b/10a Florida, the
perishibles [bedding plants] are dictated by what local growers have on
the truck. So when the local nurseries are selling impatiens, the boxes
are also. And the prices are relatively comparable.

But, if you want, say, a yaupon holly, forget the box stores. It's a
native but they have no clue about it. Although there are some
magnificent specimens in the parking lot at the Wal-Mart garden center,
there are none among the store's "landscape trees."

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10