Re: New Lowe's

> But, AHA!, so that's why these no-name guys are now calling their
> 1-gallon pots 10-inch pots. Bizarre.

I've notices a trend in the past 2 years away from the traditional size
listings.  I thought a four inch pot was 4inches across - used to be.  Now
some places are using it to refer to depth.  I don't mind but they should
clarify what they mean.  I ordered 3 inch pots from a couple of places and
got what is traditionally referred to as 2 inch pots.  I have no problem
with trade gallons being only 3 qt.  Now they are starting to refer to real
gallons as 6 inch pots.  Jim's 10 onch pot?  I can only imagine it must be
azalea or mum type or awfully skinny.

Still, I would rather by a well-rooted quart than a 6 inch gallon which
holds a recently repotted 2 inch pot plant.  I've gotten that at Lowe's
before.

Kitty
neIN, Z5