thug

I know everyone is thrilled with Phlox pan 'David', but I find him to be a
pain in the patoot.  I thought I dug him all out last year, but he's
backkkkkkkkkkkk!  And he nearly smothered  a heleanthus 'First Light' and an
Aster 'Monch', bth late risers and no match for David.  I dug the two plants
out and potted them up and hope I'll be able to bring them back to strength
so I can place them better this fall.  And later I will set to digging out
David once again.  He would be lovely in a bigger garden, but my place is
too small for a 5 foot tall phlox that is always on the move to conquer the
garden.

On another, gentler, multiplier note, my Indigofera kirilowii (sp?) is doing
fine and spreading out.  The aforementioned casualties had been between the
Indigofera and the Phlox, so perhaps the Indigo did contribute something to
the attack.  But it is light and airy and about 2 ft tall and is finally
well established considering I wasn't sure it would return at after tits
first winter.

Maybe it's just me and I need to learn to space things better.

Kitty