Re: cart

I tried the adjustable wrench first on the metric scew but too bulky to
work well. My solution was to get the coffee can down and sort through
all the extra nuts, bolts and what not and come up with something more
substantial and not metric.

Kitty

-- james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:
That bench I put together a few days ago was made in China. Metric
bolts; fortunately, I've got a few metric wrenches--weapons for coping
with globalization, I guess. Instructions were well-written and easy to
follow. Only problem was the brass Philips-head screws that were
supposed to be screwed into the hardwood slats. My power screwdriver
kept stripping out the cross. The screws were metric size, also. Had to
take one with me to HD to find an approximate equal in stainless steel.

On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Rich Apking wrote:

> Hi Kitty,
> Probably metric hardware, the curse of the weekend auto mechanic.  I
> sympathize with you and the quality of instructions one receives with
> the
> "do it yourself" stuff sold nowadays.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida