Re: Went to the Farms

I didn't go to the farms, but I did go past quite a few of them on my
way to Blue River Nursery. The owner often donates stuff to MGs and I'm
frequently the one picking them up and that's when I get to see some
nifty stuff. But this year the Hort Ed went himself, so I had to get my
BRN fix on my own and finally had some spare time to do it. Besides, it
was so unbareably hot and humid, I couldn't work in my yard. He had a
1gal Jap Maple 'Shania' that I would have loved, but price was salty. I
did come home with a Campanula percisifolia 'Kelly's Gold'. The
container was really packed, but nice amount of roots, not potbound, so
I might be able to divide it before planting. The owner is really nice.
Gave me a deal on a Sweet Gum last year for my niece. I wanted to get
out there and buy something. I don't want him to think I just come for
MG freebies and discounts. His prices are a bit steep for me but he has
the best selection around here.

-- Hollikft@aol.com wrote:
Well, things are growing slowly...  forget the squash!  Again  this year I
have that white powdery mildew!  So I am not even going to  attempt it next
year!  I will have plenty of tomatoes  :)
Son and I took a ride out east to the farms.. had to get the corn.. drove
over an hour, using 1/4 of a tank of gas, just to get CORN!!  And then on  the
way back, couldn't resist a place /farm that makes the freshest pies.. so
picked up Blueberry creme and peach pies, some fresh Egg bread..
Now  I have to clean and do laundry!  LOL
The up keep on the yard is more than I can handle this year... too many
weeds...  Plants in containers are growing way too fast with no  blooms.  But it
still looks like my LITTLE tropical paradise.   BTW  I found a 6 ft blow up
Tiki Totem Pole!  :)
I have been kindda busy with another chat, that has given me more mail than
I could ever imagine...fun though!
Holli..  who has to do some home stuff!