Re: snail eating caterpillars and stinky red hot pokers

I've had them in two different beds for several years now, and I have never smelled a corpse there. Your friend should keep looking.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "A A HODGES" <hodgesaa@earthlink.net>
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 11:30 AM
Subject: [CHAT] snail eating caterpillars and stinky red hot pokers

OK, has anyone heard about the snail eating caterpillars in Hawaii? A
friend heard about it on NPR and I haven't had time to look it up.
Sounds fascinating.

Second, same friend has Red Hot Pokers planted by her front porch.
Bloomed for the first time this year a little, just the yellow bottom
part and she said that was the only thing different that happened around
the front porch this year and it smelled like a corpse. I don't have
them, so can't say. Does anyone know if they can smell stinky or did she
probably have a corpse? She couldn't find one..................

Back to the yard!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC