Re: This makes me ill...

Jim: First of all, thanks for contacting PETA themselves and the
newspaper for us. The website that I originally saw this article on
(This Is True) is not an anti-PETA website...it is a compendium of
newstories from all over the country and the owner of the site does a
usually very reliable job of tracking down sources for his stories. I've
checked out many of the stories he reports on there and usually found
that what he has reported is true (thus the name of the website, LOL!)
Anyway, I also went to the newspapers archives and read all 19 of the
stories that exist in connection with this story. It is pretty involved
but also quite apparent that these 2 PETA employees were caught
redhanded by the police in the act of dumping these dead animals, as
well as being in possession of controlled substances that are normally
used by vets. to sedate and euthanize animals and are obtainable and
legally usable only by vets; neither of these 2 persons hold vet.

Also, apparently a necropsy on at least one of the dogs done by the
state medical examiner determined that the dog was completely healthy
before it died. It is yet to be determined if the drugs found in the
possession of these two persons are in that dead animals system and thus
caused its death. Also, this was not an isolated event...there had been
apparently several instances of dead animals being dumped in this town
over the previous month. This would account for why they have been
charged with 62 counts of felony animal abuse. Since the arrest of the 2
PETA employees in mid-June, there have been no further dumpings of dead
animals. They are apparently set to go to trial anytime now and of
course, PETA administrators maintain they knew nothing of these 2
employees' activities.

Hills, IA  zone 5