Re: closeouts

Must be the latter. Every winter, mine looks like a goner, but somehow struggles back. We usually don't pay attention to it until it blooms, then it's "Oh my gosh, look at that! Made it again!"

On Jul 25, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Jim, the Crossandras were terribly wilty planted in the sun. Is that normal
or just because recently planted? A-Z said full sun.
Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 4:25 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] closeouts

Yep. Crossandra, too. Both for several years. Think the gerbera would
like a drier environment, however--one more like it's native Transvaal.

On Jul 23, 2005, at 6:45 PM, kmrsy@netzero.com wrote:

Has anyone overwintered a Gerbera?

Kitty

-- Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 7/23/05 2:50:23 PM, kmrsy@netzero.net writes:

<< Crossandras >>

Kitty, this is one I ask earlier if anyone grows. I wintered one over
& this
is the one that bloomed indoors and I planted the seed with I believe
100%
germination. I have it in a container in the garden blooming now.
Ceres

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W