PETA response

The following is a long, detailed explanation I received from PETA in
which they explain that they do not have a NC program to place animals.
They say that they collect infirm animals from other shelters in order
to perform a humane form of euthanasia rather than the forms regularly
offered in NC that they deem inhumane.