Re: Baptisa

Gene, I have grown Baptisia australis for many years - it is a
real favorite.  However, since it is such deer candy, mine grows
in a partly-shaded alcove - about the only place I have that is
protected.  It still blooms and makes a nice plant, but not as
vigorously as when I could grow it in the sun.  The explosion
of the deer population in the past 20 years has caused many
changes in my gardening situations. I haven't tried the new
cultivars, becauseI knew I could not protect them adequately.

In a message dated 07/25/2005 7:49:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,