Re: Baptisa

Could be the clone I have here,
But from my experience the poorer the soil the better the plant does. I planted mine in too rich a garden soil and it flops a bit once it is fully matured for the season. The white one is straight up and looks downright spooky ... like a skeleton with white blooms. Anyway, nothing seems to bother either one, insects or environment.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, I've got Purple Smoke here and it survives our heat and almost
no water at all in the summer.  It's in unamended black gunbo clay
too.
This is one amazingly tough plant.  I'm certainly quite impressed.