Re: Just hot everywhere

I keep my house at 85 during the day, and I usually lower it to 80 at night. The indoor cats just sleep on everything. The outdoor cats have made tunnels through the Vinca major and all through beds of flowers. They can usually be found sleeping in those tunnels during the day.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Just hot everywhere

That cat report is interesting. We keep the mansion A/C set set at around 79 F. We keep the garage door open most of the time we're home so Princess Beans can come and go. The garage has no A/C and, a large fan notwithstanding, can become quite warm in there as the day wears on.

When I went into the garage to work on the garden computer at about 4 PM, I discovered Beans curled up asleep on one of shelves. Must have been 90 or more degrees.

Leads me to wonder if the dehumidified cool produced by the A/C is too cool for the little darlings. She does come in and drink regularly, but usually goes back out.